Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Weber called up
View Single Post
Old
12-09-2009, 09:44 PM
le_sean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCammalleri View Post
Maybe Gainey and them want to do to PK what LA did to Cammy. He completely annihilated the ahl but they kept him there the whole season. PK seems to be on pace for a 50 pt season with Hamilton this year... he played great tonight btw hamilton won 5-1 he got 2 assists.

We got Weber and Carle who can play in the NHL. Since we have the time and depth, might as well not rush Subban like we have done to so many other prospects.

As for Weber being called up before Carle. I think it is based on PP skills. Since both our second PP blue liners are out... we will need Weber and Gorges to step it up on the second unit. Maybe Boucher helped his defensive play a bit as well. We will find out tomorrow.
I always thought the comparison of Subban's development to Mike Green's development was a valid one.

They had similar stats in the Juniors if you factor in that Mike Green played in the less offensive WHL. Both have similar styles, blah blah.

My point being is that Mike Green played most of his first pro year in the AHL with Hershey and had a stint with the Caps later, even starting in the AHL the next season too. And look at the Caps top scoring defenceman in 2005-06: Ben Clymer. You cannot tell me that they did not desperately need a guy like Green on the team. What do they do though? They let him develop in the AHL with Bruce Boudreau as his coach, kind of like PK with Guy Boucher.

I think they are not taking any chances with the kid because they know he is damn special.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote