View Single Post
Old
12-09-2009, 10:46 PM
fuechsken

vCash: 500
Okay, at first I have to say, that I didn't see him play this season, so I don't know how far he has improved recently.
In his rookie season in the DEL in 2007-08, he started out with some trouble but got used to the pace of the league during the second half of the season. In his second season 2008-09, he continued improve his solid defensive style. He is not a big scorer, but a solid stay-at-home defender, who dominates with his size. Although his size makes him look a little clumsy when handling the puck, he gets his work done.
It will be interesting to see, if he can make it to the NHL. If he keeps improving on his positioning and his agility, he could be a good No. 5-6 defender one day. But in my opinion, he still is a long shot away from this step and he very well might not make it. Being a solid defenseman in the DEL unfortunately has not much to do with being a solid defenseman overseas.
Maybe you get the chance to see him play at the Olympics. Uwe Krupp has to make the decision, if he wants him on the team, but he should be a good call for the third defensive pairing.

fuechsken is offline   Reply With Quote