View Single Post
Old
12-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

vCash: 500
I think Tidewater can win this series with it's forward advantage. Tidewater's top line is better than New Jersey's while their second line is slightly weaker offensively, but probably stronger defensively. In a head to head matchup, I think Tidewater would actually outscore New Jersey due to their better defensive play. New Jersey has a good third line that will provide more offence, but I don't think is as strong as a shutdown unit. My third line should limit the opportunities of New Jersey's top line (and Orr) more than New Jersey's third unit will limit Tidewater's top line, which further increases the gap in the top units. As for the fourth line:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
c) Clint Smith and John McKenzie are probably better offensive players than anyone on Tidewater's 4th line.
Venjamin Alexander might be on the same level as those two, but it's pretty difficult to compare his numbers with NHL players. Personally I think the chemistry of the line would make it more offensively dangerous than New Jersey's fourth line, but that really depends on how one views 1960's Soviet hockey. It's cohesiveness will also make it strong defensively.

Ideally the line matchups are T3 vs. NJ1 and T2 vs. NJ2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
---I wonder who Tidewater's pair of early puck rushers will have their game translate into the ATD. I'd rather have a more stay at home guy with an early puck rusher. Though admittedly, Drinkwater is very solid in his own end, and in this fantasy world, I suppose that one or both would adapt.
I'm thinking Drinkwater could provide the all-around defence. My top four is pretty defense oriented, so I liked the idea of having a third pairing that could be dangerous offensively.

This series is definitely going to be a close one. Good luck

Last edited by Hedberg: 12-10-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Hedberg is offline   Reply With Quote