View Single Post
Old
12-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Hockey2000nyr

vCash: 500
patience guys, patience....

yes we are in a slump, trend call it what you want. we have a few rookies on this team in del zotto, gilroy, and anisimov. guys with less then 3 years in callahan, dubinsky, staal, girardi, lisin, boyle. that is 9 out of the 18 skaters on a team that play night in and night out.

people seem to forget that these guys are still young. Staal is in his 3rd yeard but is still only 22. Del Zotto is 19. these guys are young and with the other guys who we have in the system we have a lot of bright spots. Sanguinetti should be up within a year or two. Heinekin looked solid for the time he has played. Sauer could be a callup within the next year. McDonagh and Stepan have been tearing it up at Wisconsin. Werek has been very good so far, Kreider although he hasnt been putting up the points yet, has been playing very well for BC. we have Grachev in hartford who needs to mature a little bit and he should be up eventually.

this is a very bright future, not many organizations can say that they have a sniper in place, an elite goalie in place, a powerplay quaterback who is only 19, a mobile shutdown defenseman who is only 22/23, another offensive defenseman who is lighting up the AHL at the age of 21, and plenty more to go with it.

if the rangers were to have an offseason and just happen to get a top 5 pick, i think it would be a gift from the heavens. The rangers do need a potential franchise forward. yes we have a bunch of offensive prospects, but if we were able to add a guy like Seguin, Hall, Kabanov, or even any of the defenseman like Fowler it would be awesome and give us a definite boost. look at the flyers for example the year after the lockout. they fell flat on the faces, made some seriously nice trades, picked van riemsdyk 3rd overall, came back the following year and have been a consistent playoff contender ever since. if the rangers were able to do something similar to that, although we dont have the veteran players that the flyers had that year, we could make a big turnaround next season.

in my opinion towards the end of the season if the rangers are still in a position like this or worse, i can see sather throwing in the towel and trying to trade a guy like rozy, who towards the end of the season will be a lot more valuable then he would be now, since the team who is getting him would pay the rest of his contract this season, then his cap hit would be 5 mil, but he would really only be making 4 mil, and then 3 mil in his last season. we have 2 years left of drury. Redden is tolerable if he keeps playing the way he has this season so far. Prospal would be very attractive come deadline time if we are in this situation still. if he keeps producing along with gabby prospal could net us a nice return to help our season next year.

i think the main problem is i havent been to a game yet this year... ..

Hockey2000nyr is offline   Reply With Quote