View Single Post
Old
12-10-2009, 04:01 AM
zecke26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuechsken View Post
He is not a big scorer, but a solid stay-at-home defender, who dominates with his size.
i don't think so. he finally started to play more offensively, getting time on PP as well. he will never be an offensive threat, but i think he can develop into a 2way defender. his offensive skills aren't that bad. solid shot and he's able to use his stick for more than just cross-checking.

Quote:
Being a solid defenseman in the DEL unfortunately has not much to do with being a solid defenseman overseas.
agreed, but holzer is better suited for NA hockey than most germans simply because he's gritty. he good at cleaning the crease and using his body to defend. that's sort of a basic skill you need to have in order to survive overseas. and that is what he can build on. i think he took many steps forward this season and should try the AHL next season.

Quote:
Maybe you get the chance to see him play at the Olympics. Uwe Krupp has to make the decision, if he wants him on the team, but he should be a good call for the third defensive pairing.
with ehrhoff, seidenberg, sulzer, schubert, dietrich overseas and butenschon, schmidt as reliable Ds with NA experience, i don't think holzer is even close to make the team. even reiss should be ahead, maybe moritz mueller and osterloh too.
holzer is pretty new to the national team and his lack of experience will likely be what keeps him out of the olympics. but for the WC in germany he should be with the team.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote