View Single Post
Old
12-10-2009, 07:27 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
I don't think that Tortorella has lost the team, his team just is proving that it's not very good.

A big reason why Chicago dominated for large stretches last night is because the Rangers offense dies at the offensive blueline. No one can make a play there or cross the blueline with control of the puck. No one else gives them any options with the puck. No one can hold onto the puck at all. It turns out the team is just full of players who don't have good hands

Add to that the ongoing problem that no one can forecheck and cycle effectively, and you have a very very ineffective offense. Tortorella has had them work on this stuff but they're just not good at it, so the team isn't very good

I thought they were better than this, but hey I guess I was wrong. The players just can't get it done and at this point I"ll believe so until they show me otherwise.

At this point in the season I think it's fair to start saying they need some kind of shakeup...they need at least one more player who can gain the zone without immediately turning the puck over...Dubinsky getting back will help with that, but they gotta get another offensive threat who can actually control the puck. As it is, the forwards just repeatedly throw the puck away, so they never spend any time on offense

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote