View Single Post
Old
09-22-2003, 04:27 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
I'll be shocked if Stoll starts the regular season in Edm and equally shocked if Rita isn't in the starting lineup for game 1.

I'm not picking on Jarett, but I would assume the Oilers want him to wear a letter down there and it's easier for him to be in a leadership role if he's there from the start of the season.

Sarno's role is to yo-yo back and forth as needed, at this point he has to have an edge in game readiness over Jarett who imo was quite shaky during his brief stint here. I doubt our 5th center will get into any games anways unless there's an injury.

Top 12:

Smyth
York
Comrie
Dvo
Hemsky
Reasoner
Horcoff
Moreau
Isbister
Chimera
Pisani
Laraque

13th, and Starting for Comrie: Rita - It only makes sense that an offensive forward would fill in while MC sits out. Finally luck is on Jani's side.

14th, up here all season: Torres
15th Sarno - first to get sent down when/if Comrie comes back

Salmo - imo the only fwd who is guaranteed to get a call-up sometime this season if he's playing well
Stoll - too bad for Jarett, being a leader down there will work against him this season. If the Roadies are playoff bound he's stuck there unless he's really needed up in Edm (unlikely).

Quote:
Speeds "ferguson is a UFA at the end of the year, doubt if he'll be retained long term"
I'd say that speeds is probably right - Ferguson's contract status will make him expendable in the near/very near future. He'll stick around until Lowe is satisfied that some combo of Bergy, Luoma, and/or Allen can round out the top 7 and then we'll get a 4th rounder or something for him.

Fergy #6
Bergy #7
Luoma and Allen down to t-o.