View Single Post
Old
12-21-2004, 05:19 PM
Malefic74

vCash: 500
I find that as I've gotten older I have less superstitions. I stopped smoking before the game because I quit smoking so one down. I also generally go right to left, but I'm not as ridiculous about as I used to be (left laces first etc...), and I generally don't stretch as much at the rink as I used to. I find yoga stretches at home are less rushed and do me more good than hurried stretches in a cramped dressing room.

The only superstition I have kept is my can of Pepsi before the game. Can't remember how it started, but I've been doing it for a long time now.

BTW I'm a goalie and having been to many goalie schools and I concur that some goalies are out on the planet Zoomar as far as their superstitions are concerned. There was one guy who would be noticeably rattled if ANYTHING was different in his routine. I later heard that he lost his spot as his team's starter and got cut because the other two goalies trying out would mess with his routine during the tryout camp. That's the story that prompted me to be a lot less anal about my routine.