View Single Post
Old
09-22-2003, 04:58 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
Legwand. Offensive comparisons to Mike Modano are way off base. I think his offensive upside is more like Radek Bonk. I don't see his production rate improving from last season, and that's assuming he continues to get 19+ minutes of quality ice time (no PK time, oodles of PP time). If he doens't get the same quantity and quality ice time, I see more of a Marty Reasoner-type year from him.

I hate to do this Dulzhok as I do like you, but I've got to shoot you down here. Bonk is a 23 goal, 38 assist (taking his 4 best years and averaging it out) player who plays good defense. Legwand last year had 18 goals and 31 assists. Averaged out to a full season, Legwand would have had 22 goals and 40 assists. Are you telling me that Legwand has maxed out his abilities? Bonk recieved around 17:30 minutes of ice time per game (similar to Legwand's 19 minutes). He also received 4 minutes of PP time; Legwand received around 4:30. Keeping in mind that Bonk is surrounded by talent that the Predators just don't have (like Marian Hossa), it's easy to see that Legwand is already (atleast offensively) on par with Radek age 24-27. And Legwand just turned 23. I would imagine that when he hits the age group I've selected for Radek, he will be a far superior player both offensively and defensively.

His offense is Radek Bonk. His upside is Mike Modano. Will he achieve Modano status? No idea, but he's already at Bonk. And he's got alot of growing to do.

Needless to say, you don't want me to touch that Reasoner comparo.