Thread: Larry Brooks: King can't save flat Rangers
View Single Post
Old
12-11-2009, 02:38 AM
Grifter3511

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordStanleysMug View Post
I think this Brooks article and the attitude from most last night perfectly exemplifies what I've been talking about regarding the double standard with Lundqvist. He played great last night but we lost. All the "poor Henrik" and "he deserves better" nonsense has to stop. My favorite was the "Henrik deserved a W" comments. He played breat but the team lost, that's where we re at. Were those same "Henrik deserves a W" people going on about how Henrik deserved a loss in some of the games we've won this year? Coming to mind immediately were the first Washington game and the Columbus game. The team played great, and Henrik was miserable. But he never took slack for it. Win as a team and lose as a team. Stop putting individual players above the team.
You are right. From top to bottom the team stunk. The team lost and looked terrible, so by neccessity Lundqvist stunk and looked terrible too.

Sorry LSM, but it just doesn't work that way. I understand what you are getting at, but at the end of the day you have to find positives in every situation. As far as I can tell, and I did sit through the entire game(well, started to fast forward after the tying goal cause I knew we weren't getting another. Was praying for a circus..er...shootout) Lundqvist was the only bright spot at all. I agree that comments like "he deserved the W" have no place, because Lundqvist is part of the team, and the team as a whole got destroyed last night, but you still have to give credit where credit is due.

Regardless of people's opinions or double standards about the team, Lundqvist earned them the point last night.

Grifter3511 is offline   Reply With Quote