View Single Post
Old
12-11-2009, 07:59 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500
.jdsjdjd

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
like meuller is gonna be an improvement over cally in that area ?

when you're 5'10 185 lbs, you shouldnt be expected to win every battle for the puck.

i mean this kid is a warrior but hes still smaller than most guys hes matched up against.

take him off the powerplay and give him solid 2nd line minutes. let him forecheck like crazy, take the body and create turnovers. thats his game.
That's not why you trade for Mueller.

Regardless of the season he's having, he steps into the Rangers roster as the most talented center we have.

I don't disagree with your protrayal of Cally, but he's a 3rd liner and needs to be given 3rd line minutes. He is good enough to spot up on the 2nd line, but not good enough for a regular shift there.

Play Cally with Dubi and Anisimov on the 3rd line and let them crash and bang and score their 40+ points each and when Anisimov's talent seperates him fromthose two, move Anisimov to the 2nd line.

I like Cally. I like his style and hustle, but this team is lacking in top end offensive talent, the type of talent that Mueller possesses.

And for the record, at 6'2" and 205 pounds, I could see an improvement in board work by a player 4 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier. Mueller is better at controlling the puck, uses his reach and body to protect the puck better than Cally. He may not be the crash and banging forward that Cally is, but we can bring up Byers for that and let Mueller do what Callahan cannot do, and that is be an offensive player capable of manning the 2nd line cente rposition and eventually the 1st line center position.

I would prefer to keep both Dubi and Cally and still find a way to get Mueller, but if that cannot happen, I'll take the bigger more talented player over Callahan.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote