Thread: Larry Brooks: PHX rejected Sanguinetti for Mueller
View Single Post
Old
12-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
And Callahan has 9, so I'll take my chances adding the more talented player.
Mueller is just not any good. I can show you posts I've made 3, 2 and 1 year ago stating that Mueller just ain't no good.

He plays the style of a megastar, and naturally stood out as a kid. But a big majority of kids like him is never able to take the next step. Steve Bernier is another example...

Its important to remember that players like him is as talented at the junior level as guys like Mario, Orr and co where in the NHL. Its a different sport basically. Some develop bad habits, have flaws they don't correct and therefor aren't good prospects to get to the next level. Others have it all and can take a step back and still be a good player at a higher level.

Mueller just isn't one of them. And another misstake people make is that they believe that "if" a player like Mueller gets it togheter, they have a lot more "potential". Can anyone give ONE example of that? One?

Its a lot easier to find examples of players like Callahan or Korpikoski developing a offensive game then it is to find examples of players with top end skills like Mueller or Robbie Schremp learning to get involved constantly at a higher level.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote