View Single Post
Old
12-11-2009, 10:14 AM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Quite honestly I'm not sure you've watched Mueller. When he first entered the league he was doing everything right. He has a nose for the net and has a very deceptive game. His size is good too. I'm not sure how you can claim someone with top end skills falling off can never come back. There's no validity w/ that statement. Do you have proof of this? Do you have Proof that someone like Korpedo can break-out at a higher level? We're still waiting for that one...

You don't. The only thing we do know is that Mueller is a very talented player that did get over 50 points in his rookie year. That isn't bad at all. Sometimes it doesn't work out for the team you're on. An example close to home can be Nigel Dawes.

I can almost Guarantee you that Mueller will be 2-3x more the player Bernier is, whom you compared him to. Especially under Torts.

I'm not sure about Callahan going the other way. His effort is probably the best in the league. However, we are deep defensively in tersm od prospects. I would have jumped on the Sanguinetti deal. Too bad Maloney rejected.
We're talking about the guy that has 1 goal in 26 games, right? Don't we have enough reclamation projects here in Manhattan? Boyle has triple his goals with much less ice time and is also a former first round draft pick. Enough with these "project" forwards - Zherdev, Kotalik, Christensen, Lisin, Higgins, etc... there's always talk of potential, had a bad year last year, didn't play enough, needed more ice time, confidence issues, "mercurial", etc...

I want a guy that brings it every night and has done so consistently for 5 years and has 15+ goals in each of those years. I'm done with potential.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote