Thread: Larry Brooks: PHX rejected Sanguinetti for Mueller
View Single Post
Old
12-11-2009, 11:37 AM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'm a fan of Mueller, and I can admit that he has the potential to be a good player, but your unwavering disdain for Callahan is just plain laughable at this point. Callahan has been the better player in every facet of the game this season. There's no way to dispute that. Players get their TOI reduced because they're playing like ****, it's not an excuse for why they're not producing. It's a result of their lack of production.

He gets less TOI because he's been awful, unmotivated, and he's USELESS in other situations. Mueller is averaging 1 minute less than Callahan in PP TOI, but he hasn't played on the PK all season. Not a single second. If he's not scoring, he brings nothing else to the table.
It's a shame you weren't a part of the discussions when they traded Korpikoski for Lisin, because my god, you can change out the names and tell the same exact story. At some point the front office has to stop trying to find the guy that 'is underachieving because of the lack of ice time and the current scenery, we can find a gem by changing both'. We're going to keep trading away our very servicable 3rd and 4th liners for failed 1st liners. The worst part is, the skilled and lazy underachievers make for horrible bottom 6 forwards which is exactly where they end up after they fail here too. Meanwhile our former grinders make a career out of hustling for Cup champs and contenders.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote