View Single Post
Old
12-11-2009, 01:40 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Yea so? JVR is playing 13 a night. All I'm saying is AS OF LATE guys like Bartulis and others LOOK LIKE they belong. He is contributing. JVR has looked lost.

Don't lump me in with a fanbase and call me predictable. I don't believe I've ever made such a prediction about JVR putting up 50 or 60 points.

THIS ISN'T ABOUT POINTS! To expect him to play the way he started for an entire year is utterly absurd. He simply isn't doing the other important things he did before. Making beautiful passes, controlling the puck, simply looking confident.

What I'm talking about is not quantifiable in the slightest bit! You can tell when a player is struggling by HOW they are playing. Ryan Parent, often times when he has the puck looks like a scared puppy, makes a rash decision, fumbles the puck or just ices it. At times he has lapses in confidence and overthinks or makes a rash decision. This cannot be quantified. At other times, Parent looks fine. JVR at the beginning of the year looked like he 100% belonged. He looked completely confident in himself. He controlled the puck as if he knew he could make a play. I'm saying he is not doing that now. In fact I'd be surprised if the puck was on his stick for a total of more than 30 seconds in each of his last games.
No offense, but what the **** are you talking about? Has the fact that our coach wants us to dump the puck penetrated your brain? I mean, do you realize that JVR is following Laviolette's instructions to dump the puck into the zone and use the forecheck to maintain offensive zone posssession? Do you realize that JVR's line is by far the best one at doing this on the team?

This team isn't going to be about flash any more, it's going to be about hard work and learning how to get of our defensive zone without making an attempted home run pass every time.

I don't even see what you are talking about at all to be honest with you, JVR has remained solid defensively, has bought into the coach's instructions, and is part of the best line on the team. Do you understand that hockey is a team game? You seem to be implying that Carter's line is essentially playing 4 on 5, how do you explain then that it's the best line on the team?

Just mind-boggling.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote