View Single Post
Old
12-11-2009, 05:42 PM
cantwell7

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontosports10 View Post
Well his save % is the tops in the league, usually if its a case of the team helping the goalie the save % is low but GAA is high.

So my question is this then, what do they do with Gelinas? He leads the league in Wins, GAA and Save %.

Do they release him? Trade him? and for what?

What overage player do they look to add?

And what pieces will be going to Mtl for Allen?

I know noone can answer all these but in your opinion what is the answer.
If I were Saint John and I had the chance to land Jake Allen I would hop all over that chance. Gelinas is doing a good job as of now, but as Jack Bauer said above he is playing infront of argueably the best team in the CHL. I think you may be able to trade Gelinas to a younger team or even a team like Bathurst who has a 20 spot open and if they trade Champion and don't recall Steeves he could fill the void for the rest of the season.

I think a guy like Emmanuel Boudreau from Rimouski could play a big role on your defence. He has Memorial Cup experience and will be available when the trading period opens.

As for a price tag on Allen. You would have to think something revolving around Huberdeau and someone like Despres at the draft and possibly a guy like Dannick Gauthier depending on the amount of picks involved.

Thats my opinion on it all.

cantwell7 is offline   Reply With Quote