View Single Post
Old
09-22-2003, 05:46 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I hate to do this Dulzhok as I do like you, but I've got to shoot you down here. Bonk is a 23 goal, 38 assist (taking his 4 best years and averaging it out) player who plays good defense. Legwand last year had 18 goals and 31 assists. Averaged out to a full season, Legwand would have had 22 goals and 40 assists.
First of all, Bonk didnt' play a full season season himself. His carreer year, last year, he scored 25g, 45a, 70p with good, but not great ice time (17:50TOI/g, 3:10pptoi/g). So I don't consider the Bonk comparison as a critical one.

Secondly, Legwand, despite playing in 9 less games than Bonk , still had more total time played than Bonk.... more total time, and more powerplay time. So Bonk did produce more with less time last year than Legwand.

All stats aside, I really do see Reasoner and Legwand as somewhat similar players (fast playmaking center, average shot, defensively aware, good but not dominate offensive abilities). Stats considered, Reasoner had 31 points last year. Looking deeper, he had 200 less minutes of ice time than legwand. And the real kicker... he had 180 less minutes of powerplay time than Legwand. In addition, he was a regular on the penalty kill (time you can't score). I do think that Reasoner could've put up similar points given the opportunity that Legwand got this year.

RE: Modano.... I do not think that Legwand has the dominant offensive skills that Modano has. Modano has a world class shot. Legwand's shot is pretty mediocre. Modano can simply do dominmating things with the puck. While Legwand ranks good in this category, he doesn't have the dominant ability that Modano has, IMO.