View Single Post
Old
12-13-2009, 12:20 PM
EmDeeZee4MVP

vCash: 500
Ilya Kovalchuk (Rumor Update: 01/02/10) Post #432

Hello All,

I'm new to this board but have been reading many of your insightful posts for quite awhile. Anyways, forgive me if this topic has been discussed a million times already but I wanted to get everybody's thoughts on Ilya Kovalchuk.

I understand that he just recently got back in the Thrashers lineup and Atlanta currently sits in the 7th slot in the conference. However, hypothetically speaking, if Atlanta falls out of the race close to the trade deadline, and considering Ilya Kovalchuk is an unrestricted FA at the end of the season, can you foresee the Thrashers packaging him up in a deal as a rental?

I'm not sure what the Rangers would be able to package in a trade, but I imagine the likes of Roszival must be included in the deal for cap reasons and plus we have a stock load of bright young Def. that we can add as pieces in a package. I know this is a stretch, but when the Rangers were rumored to trade for Heatley, Murray was persistent on asking for Dubi as part of the main package. If we were to offer the Thrashers Dubi + (young D) + low draft pick and Roszival, do you think that package would at all attract the Thrashers? I love Dubi but a trade like that would immediately put us over the top.

Thanks!

Last edited by EmDeeZee4MVP: 01-02-2010 at 08:17 PM.