View Single Post
Old
12-13-2009, 12:38 PM
EmDeeZee4MVP

vCash: 500
My opinion on this whole thing is like this:

We have seen teams many times struggle going into the all star break; closer to the bottom half of the standings in their conference, etc. We've seen many teams turn it on in the second half of the season and make a serious run at the playoffs down the stretch.

This team, as it is currently constructed, CAN play in Torts' system. You don't go on a dominating seven-game winning streak by mistake. What I'm saying is that there is something there. We don't need to go on a massive fire sale and go into panic mode 30 games into the season.

Its clear we need a complimentary scorer to Gaborik. I trust (yes I'm going to say it) that Sather will make a splash closer to the trade deadline that will help propel us. Even if we don't make any major moves, we have all seen this team play at their peak. Right now, their missing that edge, that hunger they had earlier in the season. If there is someone that can ignite that spark, its Torts. When they played well, they were a step ahead of their opposition, battling for the puck, positioning along the boards, rebounds, etc. The season is FAR from over, but at some point they have to rekindle their touch, no?

Last edited by EmDeeZee4MVP: 12-13-2009 at 12:44 PM.
EmDeeZee4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote