Old
12-13-2009, 12:56 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDeeZee4MVP View Post
Music to Rangers fans ears

Seriously though, Roszival's contract after this season is not THAT bad, considering an offensive def. What if we bought out Drury's contract at the end of the season? What kind of cap hit would that be? I'll check capgeek, but I imagine that minus Roszival and a portion of Drury's salary, we can offer Kovy an attractive contract.
Was actually a thread on this just a couple of weeks ago. After I saw the numbers, it might just be best to wait it out.

Quote:
CHRIS DRURY BUYOUT FROM CAPGEEK.COM
2010-2011: $1,216,667
2011-2012: $4,216,667
2012-2013: $2,166,667
2013-2014: $2,166,667
Possible? Sure. In the long term it might not be worth it. Really depends on if we move Roszival and/or Redden.

It might make it easier to find a taker for Rosie because his actually salary goes down after this season, but it's the 5M cap hit that concerns me. I don't think any team is willing to take on that kind of hit for the type of player he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
IK being traded is nothing but hype to sell a 'story'. There is NO way Atlanta lets him walk, they will throw everything at him to stay.
Exactly why I said that it was most likely speculation. Unless Kovalchuk is juts unhappy playing there, he's going to stay. No team is stupid enough to give up a franchise player like Kovy.