12-13-2009, 04:52 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1383
http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...870&feedID=695
Quote:

Do players sense a trade may be coming?

“I think so,” Laperriere said. “But what can you do? The only thing that is going to stop this bleeding is winning. We know that. We have a great bunch of guys in this room, but it’s business. A winning business. And if you lose, change is coming. You don’t want to see that.

“We need to win. We need to get confidence back. There’s no lack of working hard here, but sometimes I think there is a difference between working hard and working smart ... We need to get the confidence back to win. … I didn’t come here to lose.”

Danny Briere said the players know they are running out of time before someone gets traded.

“If we don’t wake up, we know it’s going to happen,” Briere said. “It’s never fun to see what happened a week ago with the new coach. Up until [Saturday], I thought we played desperate hockey.”

Quote:
Turco inquiries
Several sources say the Flyers have made inquiries into the future availability of Dallas goalie Marty Turco, who will be unrestricted after this season. Turco is still the starter in goal and has a whopping $5.7 million cap hit. The Flyers could not possibly acquire him without moving similar salary, but could swing it at the trade deadline if the Stars are out of playoff contention. Of course, the Flyers could be out of it, as well, if they don’t turn things around now. The Stars are looking for a top defenseman and again, the Flyers aren’t going to part with Kimmo Timonen or Chris Pronger, so this doesn’t make a lot of sense from the outside. What the Flyers need most right now is scoring help.