Thread: Proposal: Nashville-Washington
View Single Post
Old
12-13-2009, 10:39 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
I saw the thread that this idea emerged from on the main board. Perhaps our biggest need, right now, is a center who can score and create consistently (something that we can't expect from Marcel Goc, even if he is playing well at the moment). Matthieu Perreault would be a great piece for our organization, I think: he can skate, he sees the ice well, and can both create and finish while still playing defense. He's small, but I think there is a great deal of potential in him. He can already play fairly well at this level, so he would give us NHL depth up the middle (something that we desperately need, since O'Reilly and Santorelli just cannot get anything going in the NHL).

If you change Bouchard back to Perreault, I would probably take the deal, and I'd jump on it if we can't extend Hamhuis by March 2nd. I'm not totally sold on Morrisonn as a guy who could be our #3 defender next season, but getting back three assets that would likely be able to contribute something to the team right away is an irresistible offer.

Of course, we would send Perreault to Milwaukee even after he has established himself in the NHL, keep Smithson on our second line instead of Dumont, and give regular shifts to Wade Belak and Dave Scatchard.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote