Old
12-13-2009, 11:04 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinforcer View Post
Grachev-top 6 celling...boom or bust type
McDonagh-maybe a #4....#3 tops
Sanguinetti-not expecting more than a 3rd pair...MDZ already passed him and PHO rejected him
Staal-3rd line pair on a contender...the guy is not that special...he has no offense, none, and is not a shut down, crease clearing, solid defenseman...he is a good defensive defenseman...but not great....not physical
MDZ-#3 or 4.....too soon to tell....1st good month....nothing since....he is young....but I don't think he's top pair talent...it just looks that way since we have no defense and no recent farm system grads
Anisimov-3rd liner....easily

None of these guys are really core players on a good team...these are not all stars or solid, consistent top 6 or top dman pairs.
Sorry.

The easiest thing to do is overrate a prospect.
The most objective is to look at stats/watch the game/and go over the last 15 years when we get excited about players (Prucha/Kloucek/etc.)
I guess we will have to wait for 3-5 years before we know but There are people who overrate prospects, I think you underrate them. You think Staal is a bottom pairing d-man? he was invited to the Canadian Olympic teams tryout.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote