View Single Post
Old
12-14-2009, 04:13 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
why is everyone rushing to get rid of prospal? he's been 1 of 3 consistent, useful players and for what we're paying him, i'm confused as to why we would trade him for how much he's producing for a pretty dismal team. are people convinced we'll actually get a good draft pick or a good prospect in return? despite getting some good drafts in hank and to a lesser extent staal and callahan, i don't really have much faith in this organization's management or scouts to get us those above average players that the rangers desperately need. they seem to settle for "just enough" players that do enough to not look like terrible players..maybe hustle for half a shift here and there, throw a hit or 2 a game, take a shot or 2 (doesn't have to be on net to be sufficient to make it on the rangers) because somehow our scouts see something spectacular in these players.
he'll net by far the best return. he's got a teenie tiny contract and has produced well beyond anyones wildest expectations. literally every team can use a guy like prospal on their club. imho i think he could net a first round pick because there are likely to be very few sellers and a TON of buyers....and a team like the thrashers which never make the playoffs could probably use him big time to try to make a deep run.

also, hes older, so hes not a long term solution for our team. hes got at most 2-3 years of good production left in him, and if we truly become sellers, we wont be competing at an elite level till probably the end of that time frame.

Last edited by Inferno: 12-14-2009 at 04:28 AM.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote