Old
12-14-2009, 06:32 AM
FromTheSide

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
1. Kovalchuk is worth more than Hossa.
2. Atlanta would be trying to get the best possible deal if they decide they can't re-sign him. Why would they accommodate New York's cap hell by agree to take Rozsival or Redden when they are not needed. Enstrom, Bogosian, Kubina are way better and Ron Hainsey is a similar type player with a big cap hit too. The thrashers don't need another 5mil+ d-man for the bottom pairing.
3. Atlanta will definitely request Staal, Dubinsky, 1st round pick and a top prospect to be part of the package, so unless you're are willing to give up quality youth both established and untried, don't waste your time enquiring about his services.
4. Have you rangers fans ask yourself why Kovalchuk would leave Atlanta to go to a lesser team? I think he would prefer to play on a playoff team. If it weren't for Lundqvist and Gaborik, New York would be vying for a lottery pick.
2 games over .500 and you think your team is not "lesser" and is a "Playoff team" ? I remember the last time the thrashers had more points than the rangers and made the playoffs....ahhh yes the word SWEEPED comes to mind.

Come back to me when its not still december 2009 and atlanta is still in the playoff picture.