View Single Post
Old
12-23-2004, 02:15 AM
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
probably not allowed to play for the phantoms seeing as he's under contract to the flyers and whatnot... plus i think i read that the wolves aren't a completely affiliated team or something? like they take some prospects from atlanta or whoever it is, but also have players that are simply their's. i may be wrong about this.
I don't think that it matters that he is under contract with the Flyers, Fedoruk signed with the Phantoms. Though Fedoruk might be a restricted FA I haven't checked, but Raffi Torres did the same thing with the Road Runners.

I kind of don't like the idea of Esche playing in the AHL though. I tend to agree that he really shouldn't be taking ice time away from a goalie prospect like Lehtonen. Forward and defense is one thing, like and NHL forward does take a job away from an NHLer and take ice time, but he doesn't take away full games, just minutes. Whereas Esche would likely cut Lehtonen's starts in half while also taking the job of the current Wolves' backup.

Plus he is the union rep. and all for the Flyers. It is partially his job to keep informed about negotiations at such a critical time.

Meh at least we may get to see Esche go head to head against Niittymaki if PHI and CHI ever meet. (don't know if they do or not)