View Single Post
Old
12-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
theres no way i would move cally or dubinsky for Mueller. none whatsoever.
Normally, Id disagree, and heres why.

If not for the Zherdev power outage under Tortorella, I would think that Mueller would be the perfect type of player for Torts to mold. Heres a guy that possesses all sorts of talent, but needs more of a kick in the ass than anything else to get his game going. Ive been saying for months now that Tortorella is 8 parts motivator and 2 parts hockey mind.

Conversely, Callahan is the exact opposite of Mueller. Hes a guy that doesnt possess the inherant talent, but busts his ass each and every night. Seems to be theres not much more Torts can do with him than just say "Go out and play"

But the fact that Tortorella lost a guy like Zherdev at the end of last season and into the playoffs makes me balk at the previous philosophy I explained above. I dont know what to think anymore after the brutal hockey we've seen for about 25 games now. I dont know what kind of players will blossom under Torts...and thats a bad thing.

So, at this point, I'd be inclined to keep the guy like Callahan who, at the very least, you can trust as a 3rd line/energy guy. But thats mostly because I have next to no faith in Tortorella at this point.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote