View Single Post
Old
12-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Thank you for such a good laugh. Too bad I opened this in front of my devil fan friends, we all got such a good laugh from this list. They wanna know how our GM still has a job, I can't give them an answer. Thier point was well taken too, how could this happen here with this team (one of the most popular in the NHL) and no one be calling out someone? How is Glen Sather not being grilled by the New York media for answering to some of these contracts? The fact Drury makes a bit less than Alexander Ovechkin is friggin ugly UGLY.

They also said Kots has a full NMC this year, so he won't be dealt. Take him off the tank list guys cause he's stayin.
This is the real clincher here. If Sather had handed out these contracts as the GM of the Maple Leafs or the Canadiens he would be getting absolutely torched by the media.

The whole idea of the "ruthless New York sports media" apparently doesn't apply to hockey.

When Cashman or Minaya make a big decision they always face the media afterwards. Sather is hiding in a secret underground bunker waiting for nuclear winter.