View Single Post
Old
12-14-2009, 03:20 PM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
He is being mentored by Sather. That is the equivalent of someone wanting to be a Nuclear Physicist and being mentored by Paris Hilton.

Just because someone is a great player doesn't mean they are gonna be a great GM. You are telling me there aren't people more qualified than Mark Messier to be our next GM? The idea of Messier as our GM may pull on the fans hearts because they love Messier but that doesn't make him qualified to be our GM. If we absolutely must have a member of the 94' cup team as our next GM, since we don't ******* that team nearly enough as it is. Then at least let it be Richter. The guy is a Yale graduate with an economics degree, at the very least he should be able to manage the salary cap.

I think Messier, is very much his own person. I don't believe Sather wields that much influence that he'll be a carbon copy of him. that's a little silly. he may learn the business side of things from Sather, but i'm sure he'll make his own decisions.

My only feeling is that Mess knows what it takes to win in NYC on an "ice level". Mess was THE greatest captain in all of pro sports during his career. I don't think that is anything to scoff at.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote