View Single Post
Old
12-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
If you look at what some of the experts on other boards say his size should be a major deterrent, after all he is only 1 inch taller than Dawes and many of the same experts say that Dawes won't make it because of his size despite putting up back to back 40+ goals and having another stellar season this year.
But Crosby is a tremendous skater, Dawes is IMO only "avg".(Agile but not the best breakaway speed). Sidney is extremly shifty, with tremendous low gravity stride and balance. I am always skeptical when people are called "the next XXXX" because generally there are so much development left for a hockeyplayer when he is 18. If Crosby is gooing to become the best in the game he have to develop allot. But I belive that he is a surefire top15 scorer, no way he becomes the next Daigle.

However in the NHL today there are no safe players, three-four concussion and he could be history. This would also be the only concern if you rush him, skill wise he could probably have stept in at the age of 16. But he needs to grow in to the game so that he learns how to protect himself, I wouldn´t want to see him learn the hard way...