View Single Post
Old
09-22-2003, 07:23 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragoon
But you see, we don't disagree. Just because you're expected to lose, doesn't mean you try to lose. Coaches were looking for "I want to succeed, against all odds" character.
Dragoon, I maybe naive here but even with the inexperienced lineup that played on Saturday, I went to the game hoping and expecting the Oilers to compete and possibly win. I get nervous when excuse making is used for losing. The Oiler team was very inexperienced. However many of these guys are fighting for NHL jobs and have a ton to prove. There's no reason they couldn't have beaten the Flames. This was a great chance for many bubble boys to rise to the occasion and surprise the more experienced Flamers lineup. Unfortunately, beyond Conklin, I really didn't see any of those succeed against all odds players. But again, it was one game and an exhibition one at that.

I expected the 1980 U.S. Olympic Team to Lose. But they beat the best team in the world on the way to Gold. No team should expect to lose or they are already that much closer to so doing. Again, maybe I'm just naive in believing this.