View Single Post
Old
12-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44
Guys am I the only one who feels this is BullDookie?? Why would Glen Sather ever comment to a outsider about a NY Ranger player and his injury. Blackburn is a top self prospect and could easily show enough to be considered that way again and be traded. The fact of the matter is i don't believe for one second that this ever took place. Now please understand i am not picking a fight but have worked in pro sports for 12 years and things like this don't happen and if they did people lose their jobs over it.
Show what, when? It has been pointed out again and again: Blackburn will have to clear waivers to go to minors after this year. He has not played one minute of hockey since April 2003. He has NOT yet been cleared to resume playing. He is a goalie who has to have full range of motion in his shoulder and arm. Do you honestly think that he will be ready to play in the NHL by October?

And what trade value does Blackburn have, given the above? Even if rosters weren't frozen because of the lockout, do you believe Blackburn could pass a physical?

Finally, Sather is well known as a blunt individual. Given that Blackburn has not made a huge amount of progress since he's been injured--something that is well known-- and the fact that his trade value is non-existent until that changes, what secrets has Sather given away? The writing has been on the wall for a while. Anyone who wants to stay in denial is welcome to their pipe dream, but don't suggest that JR made this all up just because it doesn't fit your reality.