View Single Post
Old
12-23-2004, 11:59 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
I agree with Edge...

Murray's starting to remind me of Todd Harvey, less the scoring (which is a scary thought considering Todd never amounted to much of an NHL scorer). Murray can play in the NHL, I believe, but I'm thinking more along the lines of a fourth liner at this point, and I think that right now, Hollweg's a better prospect (there you go Melnyk), albeit possibly injury-prone.

Out of Hartford and guys I've seen...Tyutin and Kondratiev will be NHL defensemen. Moore, I believe, can be a third or fourth line center (not your typical fourth liner, but nothing wrong with some speed and skill at center...and he's valuable as a penalty killer).

I think Taylor will be an NHL defenseman, but am not totally sold on Liffiton, who's a bit younger at this point.

Giroux has the tools and size, but needs to find the drive. He'll need to break-out in the AHL prior to getting an NHL shot.

Pock will be an NHLer, but I see him floating around.

Lampman will get his calls, but I just don't see NHL regular just yet.

Balej and Lundmark perplex me to no end and I cannot confidently say anything about either at this point.

I have a good feeling about Montoya, but have never seen him play.

I think we'll have a bit more clarity on Montoya, Korpikoski and others after the WJCs.