View Single Post
Old
12-14-2009, 09:28 PM
NHLhockey1234

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediprakNYR View Post
HUGH Jessiman was a huge bust, the same will happen with Taylor Hall on the Rangers. I honestly see nowhere where we can develop top elite talent into scoring the likes of Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews. Honestly, the Rangers are better to get young talent from another NHL team.

Best to keep ourselves out of a top 5 pick. We only choose good defenseman. Better just to get a young offensive guy who has already spent time in the NHL.
We choose good defenseman. I'm not denying that we draft bad in terms of defense and goaltending, but OFFENSE has not been one of our strengths, and you've got to admit it, choosing offensive players who mostly have been busts over the past 20-22 years has to say something about how management develops these players and motivates them to the NHL.

And listen, Tavares, Crosby, and Ovechkin, Toews, Kane, all were prospects that whom I thought were really good after watching their youtubes. Taylor Hall doesn't strike me at all to be at their level.

We are stupid when it comes to getting offensive talent production even when we've had some good picks.

List of 1st round picks from 1990 few examples. Couple from My lifetime with the rangers.

1. Hugh Jessiman
2. Manny Malhotra
3. Lauri Korpikowski
4. Pavel Brendl.
5. Peter Ferraro
6. Jamie Lundmark

NHLhockey1234 is offline   Reply With Quote