View Single Post
Old
12-14-2009, 11:34 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrierIsGod123 View Post
It's a shame we have such a weak top 6 forward core. I say that because it'd be nice to capitalize on having Myers for cheap. It'd be nice to fill in some better pieces around Miller and Myers. Unfortunately we don't have much flexibility to change with the contracts that have been signed to some mediocre forwards.

This team could easily be a cup contender not only this year, but the next few if a few shrewd moves are made. I think if Darcy can relieve us of one or two of the longer contracts and get an impact player here somehow, someway. Having a #1 D-Man on a rookie contract is a great opportunity to make a run with that extra money that will eventually be allocated for his contract. I'd love to rid ourselves of Pominville and Connolly's (and Hecht's) contracts and get some better talent. This team would easily be a top team in the league with some sort of top line talent.
This has been said before, and I have no qualms repeating it.

BUFFALO IS ALREADY A TOP TEAM IN THE LEAGUE AND A CUP CONTENDER

Could some moves be made to make us better? Sure, but let's not kid ourselves. This team is very, very good. And they win games by playing great team defense, which is better fit for the playoffs than a lot of flash.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote