Make 2 moves to fix the Blue Jackets
View Single Post
12-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Real Blue Jacketfan
Join Date: Mar 2006
1. At this point in the season, we're going to give up TOO MUCH and not get enough in return to rescue us. We are not "1 Dman away" from the playoffs. We are not "1 head coach away" from the playoffs.
2. Accept the "youth" argument and develop our younger players the rest of the season. Also give some of the other guys a chance to improve/show their worth.
3. Ride the storm out with Mason and hire a new goalie coach. Mason is a large reason we are in the hole we're in, and he won't be a sophomore forever.
4. Maybe make a minor trade and adjust the coaching staff to shake things up a bit.
5. Hold on to Filatov. Watch how he develops in the KHL. Let him start yearning and earning his way back onto the team. If you want to trade him, wait for better choices during the off-season.
6. Darkest before the Dawn. We could pull this out in January. There is still a lot of parity in the league.
7. Trade Commodore at the trade deadline. He'll be worth a ton.
(Trade Juice and Russ? You got to be kidding.)
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by JACKETfan