View Single Post
Old
12-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Hamrlik is the best player in the deal, as of today, imo. Johnson certainly has the potential to reach that level (or surpass it), and Frolov is an impending UFA.

Halak would go in and challenge Quick for the #1 spot. I don't know how much Kings games you get to see, but I've watched a couple this season, and Quick is perhaps the biggest reason why the Kings are solidly in 1st place in the West right now. He lets in a soft goal almost every game.
As a kings fan I can tell you that Halak would be a backup in LA but a slight improvement over EE. Quick is still getting no love I see. Not a necessary deal for the Kings but one they can benefit from if Montreal wants to send Halak out of the conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Seriously. Why would Halak jump into a Quick/Bernier nest if he's looking for a place to actually play often? He would make their goaltending situation more congested than it currently is in Montreal.
I was under the impression that Halak is a UFA/RFA at the end of the year. It would be a temporary change of scenery is all. Bernier will be with LA next year. As a Kings fan I'd feel better about Halak than EE but EE does know how to ride the pine without upsetting team chemistry so maybe it's a wash.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote