View Single Post
Old
12-15-2009, 09:46 PM
eightyseven

vCash: 500
I don't think Brodeur will get a shut-out contrary to what you guys think. However, the Devils play a DISCIPLINED, DEFENSIVE GAME and rarely give up shots (Brodeur sees an average of 20-25 shots/game), so that's basically the opposite of Montreal's type of game! LOL

Montreal needs to stay out of the box (haha!), pray that Price stands on his head, and hope that the first line can pot a couple of goals if they want to win. However, Cammy doesn't score much on the road (for whatever reason)...so maybe Andrei Kostitsyn can score instead??

P.S. Price career average vs New Jersey is very high at 0.933%. However, Parise has also scored on him each game. Parise tends to crash the net and get those rebound goals, and Price absolutely hates traffic in front of him. The Devils in general like to crash the net so they will definitely piss Price off. It really depends on Price's mood, sometimes he looks passive and unconfident, sometimes he looks agressive and confident.

i.e. If we can score 2+ goals on Brodeur, it is very possible that Price will turn away the other shots. Trust me, if you've seen the Devils play the last few years, Brodeur lets in A LOT of weak goals. The only reason he isn't called on them is a) plays in NJ (less media attention) b) his team in front of him is good and is able to out-score the opponent.

Last edited by eightyseven: 12-15-2009 at 09:52 PM.