View Single Post
Old
09-22-2003, 09:44 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Some Oil Notes

Just some things to throw at you that I got from conversations tonight at the game...

Bobby Allen didn't play for "precautionary reasons". He "may" have a concussion.

Mikko Luoma has a 1 year contract and it is a TWO-WAY deal. If he does not make the Oilers out of camp HE WILL play in Toronto, he will NOT be returning to Finland this year.

Alexei Mikhnov is "probably" going to play in North America next year. Kevin Prendergast tells me that "he really wants to come over and play here next year" and obviously the Oilers want him too as well. I mentioned Mikhnov's 3 points in 3 games and he just smiled and kind of gave me a wink.

Fomitchev is NOT a Oiler property anymore. I mentioned the 2 SO's in 4 games and Prendergast reacted as though to say "sure, NOW he does it" but commented that he was a "good little goalie".

K.P. was unaware of Jonas Almtorp being loaned out by his team in Sweden but did say that it happens often and like Joukov's situation, nothing to panic about, it just means more playing time for them.

Jesse Niinimaki has some growing up to do, literally. He's 6-2 180 lbs but the Oilers would prefer him to be 195-200 lbs before he comes to North America. A source also claims that Niinimaki might also need to mature in his attitude some too, apparently he's pouting a bit in Finland right now, expecting to be on the 1st line but playing on the 3rd.

Mikael Svensk (playing in Sweden) is high on the list of prospects that K.P. is fond of. A good year will likely lead to North America next season.

Henley, Kenton Smith, Hogan, Micka and Plourde have AHL/ECHL contracts.

Henrich, Dan Smith have NHL/AHL contracts so those two could be injury call ups.

I have Scouts Chris McCarthy and Frank Musil as well as GM Kevin Lowe on board for interviews during the course of the season (so prepare your questions! but don't submit them to me already... it could be December before I call them).

I had quick discussions after the game with Mikko Luoma, Marc-Andre Bergeron, Steve Valiquette, Jarret Stoll and Raffi Torres... watch the main page (hopefully) tomorrow for a new article from me.