View Single Post
Old
12-16-2009, 01:20 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
It's funny because I came back to say that exact same thing.

Look at all of the best teams in the league. They don't go through stretches like this. They probably go through bad stretches and they definitely lose a few games in a row every once in a while, but it's never this bad. That's why they're top team.

I just don't think we will ever win a championship with this core sadly.
Yea, I don't want to believe that this core isn't good enough. Who wants to believe that about their favorite team? But yea, at this point, I'm certainly not going to put up an argument against anyone who believes this core isn't good enough.

To me, a team coming off a much needed win, such as the Flyers were, should have been psyched to play a rival and take it to them the next game. Yea, its tough playing a team like that in back-to-back games, but a real championship core would have embraced that challenge in our situation. Certainly, one would think they would have at least put forth a quality effort, win or lose. Its disturbing to me that it didn't happen, and I'm really not that easily disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Also, why don't you ever post on the Flyers board ShadowFlyer? You make some great posts so it would be nice to see you over here every once in a while.
I appreciate the kind words. I do post in here from time to time, as well as the trade section, but I've learned to pick my spots (keeps me sane). Hopefully my next post will be much less on the negative side of things. We could all use some holiday cheer, and it would be nice if the Flyers could win a game or two to help with the cause =)

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote