View Single Post
Old
12-16-2009, 06:26 AM
vexXed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannMC17 View Post
So I was wondering if anyone thinks that there is an age where it's just impossible to learn how to play hockey. I'm 22 years old, and I have recently decided that I want to learn how to play hockey, I know it's going to be hard but I am determined to learn how to play. I don't want to just watch the game anymore, I want to be involved. Just finished my first skating lessons and now I'm going to take an intro to hockey class.

So all in all I'm just wondering if anyone else has learned to play hockey at my age?
Ha I thought I was going to see the numbers '45' instead of '22' when I read that...

You started out by taking classes which is the smart thing to do. Focusing on your skating is the main aspect that will get you further than those who only practice their shooting. I started at 20 but couldn't even skate so I went with a freind to learn 2-3 times a week falling over constantly trying to learn how to stop. I was determined and picked up backward crossovers and stopping pretty quickly though. Now been playing for 6 years and I couldn't ever see myself stopping - love it. GO for it! Keep going to the classes and eventually you can get your own gear and play in a scrimmage or game - make sure you research the fitting of everything, especially skates. Good luck to you and have fun!

vexXed is offline   Reply With Quote