View Single Post
Old
12-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Grachev's doing fine. I'm more concerned about his compete level than I am about his skill or production. Once he figures out the former, the points will follow. His skill is unquestionable. He has the size, the speed, and the hands to be a top-six forward in the NHL. Will he be a first liner? Too early to tell. 1/3rd of a season doesn't mean a whole lot at this point in his career.

Anisimov is a different player. He has a great commitment to defense but he also has some offensive flair. I think what he's missing in his game is confidence, but you see it more and more each game. The other night against Atlanta, after Kubina (I think) dumped Avery in front of the net, Artie came over and stood up to him. He wasn't doing that kind of thing earlier in the season. It's a good sign.

Artie has the size and hockey sense that coaches look for in a #1 center, but he lacks foot speed and he plays a pretty simple game. I think once he gets stronger and starts to take advantage of his size, he'll be a very good 2nd line center. If he can start bringing out the puck skill he has, he could be a good 1st liner. But again, it's a little early to close the book on his potential.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote