View Single Post
Old
12-16-2009, 03:24 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
Swapping Jeff Carter and another minor piece for Staal would make the flyers a much better team. Especially come playoff time when Staal's an absolute beast.
I would take Staal for Carter but what is Staal's contract like? And why the hell would Carolina do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25 Pronger D PHI View Post
i want to get rid of the guys who take nights off consistently, so that on a given night we at least have a team that gives an honost effort through and through

guys i wouldnt trade (or at least dont want too)

asham, betts, briere, carcillo, gagne, giroux, laperriere, powe, richards jvr

carle, parent, pronger, timonen

guys i would trade:

carter hartnell coburn pyorala cote (mika and riley could just be sent down too)

leaves us with:

betts carcillo laperriere (why not it was our best line)
gagne richards jvr (these guys have good work ethics usually)
giroux briere ? (both theses guys play hard every night)
powe asham ? (always an honost effort from these two)

pronger carle
timonen parent
bartulis ?

so according to my plan:

trade hartnell carter and coburn for a scoring winger, a defenseman, and maybe a checking line/third line type winger/grinder (preferably a guy with a ton of heart similar to powe)

it is not going to be easy...good luck homer

also maybe make lappy or pronger captain if there really is a dressing room probelm...but thats all speculation, so as of now i will continue to give richards the benefit of the doubt....but he better start playing like he gives a damn or i would strip it solely for that reason

we are a mess and certainly need some sort of shakeup and i hope to god that the hartnell carter rumors isnt true bc the team doesnt need **** like that right now
I dont think Hartnell and Coburn's problems are work ethic, I think they are just dumb, at least at the moment. Hartnell I think is taking unnecessary flak at the moment....He is what he is, it just looks much worse when the team is playing this bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar Ping View Post
My god I would love that!
Who does Kovalchuk play with here though??? These are things people dont think about when proposing trades. Richards? Probably not, both like to carry the puck a lot....Giroux? Nope, Giroux likes to carry the puck....

As great as Kovalchuk is, I dont see him fitting with the players that would remain on this team if we trade for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Here's something to keep in mind. They really don't like what happened to Stevens, it killed motivation.

And they probably don't like Laviolette, he's yelling all the time. Sounds like success? No.
Oh well, time to grow up and get over it......This organization fired a tough coach in Hitch to coddle the young guys and gave them a nice guy, they ****ed up with the nice guy and now got a touch guy back.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote