View Single Post
Old
12-16-2009, 03:32 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Staal's contract is horrendous. It's $8.25 for a long time. It's like a front loaded deal that never decreases.

Kovalchuk and Giroux would be one of the nastiest duos ever. You can't be serious.

Kovalchuk-Giroux-JVR
Hartnell-Richards-Briere

wow
On paper yes, on the ice I doubt it......Kovalchuk is similar to Carter in a lot of ways. He loves to have the puck on his stick and control the play. He shoots more often than he passes and usually creates his own chances as opposed to someone like Gagne who finds open spots and waits for a pass. Just like how Carter worked great with Lupul and Hartnell last year for that reason, they picked up his garbage and did the dirty work. That is why someone like Rich Peverly worked so well with Kovalchuk, because he just goes out there and does his job and doesnt care whether he has the puck or not.

Giroux also likes to carry the puck and make plays. I am not sure it would work very well.

Savard played mostly with Hossa and Kozlov when he was in Atlanta for that reason.

Now on the powerplay, maybe, with Kovalchuk loading up for onetimers, but I dont see it working at regular strength unless one of them adjusts their game.

As for Staal, $8.25 dollars or $8.25 cap hit??? If that is the cap hit, than NO WAY

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote