View Single Post
Old
12-16-2009, 04:44 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'd drop Fartnell at the drop of a dime to get Sharp back.
Yeah, and then next year you are going to have to pay Sharp more than "Fartnell" is making, for essentially the same amount of goals, and you have just made your top 6 very soft in the process

Hartnell - 32 games, 9 goals, 21 points, -4, 6PP goals

Sharp - 31 games, 9 goals, 24 points +10 2PP goals

At best it is a lateral move offensively but you lose the grit factory and most likely need to give Sharp a raise above what Hartnell is making.

And Hartnell's numbers are on a team that has been absolute poop for the past month

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardsCannon View Post
Kovalchuk is the kind of player who doesn't need a setup man, he carries the puck, shoots and scores. But a Kovalchuk line could benefit with a slick puck handling center with defensive capabilities. Namely Claude Giroux. You put a grinder on the right to clean up Ilya's rebounds and you've got a very dangerous line

Kovalchuk-Giroux-Hartnell
Gagne-Richards-Pyorala/Powe
JVR-Briere-Asham/Powe
Carcillo-Betts-Laperriere

Pronger-Carle
Timonen-Parent/Marshalll
Bartulis-Syvret/Marshall
Thats my point, he doesnt need a setup man which is essentially what Giroux is....Giroux is best when carrying the puck and making plays. Hey, maybe Giroux can adjust his game, that always a possibility, I just dont see it working out right but that is just my observation.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote