Thread: Phillipe Furer
View Single Post
Old
12-24-2004, 01:25 PM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
I have to agree about our drafting in recent years. I feel that Maloney, Renney, and even Sather have done a pretty good job! You can criticize Sather for dealing picks, spending money, etc... but the drafting has been solid. Tjutin was a great pick, to sit and say that was the minimum to get for a 2nd rounder is foolish. There isnt a team in the league that wouldn't trade a 2nd for him today. You can't let your anger over the last 7 years cloud the good things that have been done. The drafting has probably been in the top 25 percent of the league for the last few years, and the deadline deals were quite good IMHO. I personally would have fired Sather, but you can't bash everything he does because you don't like him. You have to be fair, and give credit where it is due. if you want to Sather doesn't make the picks - well who hires the people that do? When you seem to turn out 2-3 players per draft your doing a nice job. With some high picks in the next 3 years I am confident that these guys can pick winners.