View Single Post
Old
12-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsBlueforNYR View Post
I hate the stigma about giving the C to goaltenders but seriously...

Lundqvist deserves it. And let's totally ignore the fact that he's an outstanding goalie and just evaluate him personally: This guy is one of the few Rangers who mans up and takes responsibility for the team. His interview tonight was one of his best... he called out the team "without actually calling out the team"...by saying everyone on this team (including himself) needs to take a look in the mirror and ask what they can do better.

Henrik always takes each loss personally, and to heart -- something you would see out of a leader after his team disappoints the fans. He always tells things like they are, and does not give generic replies like most players, including our current captain do.

Do a vancouver or whatever and make him the captain of the lockerroom and have third alternate captain to abide by league rules with the "C". (I think Luongo technically can't wear it).

Anyone but Drury at this point could do a better job but I don't think we need to look too far with Lundy.
give the C to Henrik, and have 3 guys wear the A...you can even rotate the last 1.

Henrik has been the Captain since Jagr left anyway imho.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote