View Single Post
Old
12-17-2009, 03:00 AM
Hab-a-maniac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelousmotion View Post
Remove Andrei from that list, he's like the only one fore-checking hard and finishing his checks.

Why do you invent stuffs out of the blue? The Habs had many quality scoring chances against Philly. They certainly did not lose because the Flyers were "too big". One of the main reasons the Habs lost to the Flyers that year was because Biron out-played Price. The way Price played during the playoffs did not help at all. He kept giving up weak goals at bad times.
But don't forget Umberger. 8 goals in 5 games!? The Habs lacked a scoring presence like him in that series as our snipers weren't nearly as strong nor did they crash the net like he did. Of course, the Flyers were just more skilled so in the end they won with 2/3 of the scoring chances and shots we had. Price also blew chunks in games 4 and 5 after looking average before that. But we were relying on a 21 yr old goalie and I doubt we get by Pittsburgh with Huet, Halak or any veteran pickup for that matter. Now, Umberger may be no star, but where's our Umberger? Where's our impact player? I guess it's Gio despite his 5'8 frame but he's over 30.

I guess Gainey is still busy trying to find the perfect, undersized playmaking centre... well, keep trying Bob, cause Gomez is a real bore. He has never had any clue as to what priorities this team really has and never has filled the gaps we had once the skill came together. Now, even skill is an issue, prospect development has disappointed and the defense- sans Markov- is one of the conference's worst. And unlike previous struggles since the lockout, we just don't seem able to bounce back. What if Markov and Gionta don't hit their stride right away due to rust? It already feels like too long a year and it's just getting worse.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote