View Single Post
Old
12-17-2009, 06:28 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
i agree that it isn't about size, but at the same time, we have no one in our top 6, and only Moen in the top 9, who can/will punish the other teams defenders in the corners.

I love the way pleks has played most of this year, and if all of the other midgets were as fiesty as he's been, i think we'd be ok, but gomez, cammalleri, A.kost... these guys almost never take the body, at least not with any consistency.

I don't know how many times I've seen a defender go to the corner and pass the puck out with one of these guys bearing down on him, but instead of finishing the check and forcing the dman to take a bit of punishment, they pull up and circle away (sometimes despite the dman already bracing for the impact and looking almost surprised that none was forthcoming)...

it KILLS me every time i see it. then I watch our dmen get plastered every time they touch the puck, and i ask myself why in the world would anyone build a roster so devoid of gritty players...
Not sure what team you are watching by lumping A.Kost with Gomez and Cammaleri, on most nights he gets 4-5 big hits and more often than not takes the body. I don't know of many top 6 forwards in the NHL that have the energy to hit everything that moves and still play 20+minutes in an offensive role. Maybe a guy like Hartnell or Lucic most other top hitters are soely bottom 6 forwards.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote