View Single Post
Old
12-17-2009, 10:29 AM
beastly115

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zestystrat View Post
Is the C really the issue here?

I'm not saying CD has been great, but I don't think it's the C that's the issue.

This is a pretty apathetic team and like Brooksie says Torts has it in him to "motivate" these guys. If CD isn't stepping up capt dept, there are some vets who can/should. Who knows what's going on behind closed doors.

Let's put this in Slats lap. For all of Torts input, he was saddled with some pretty big immovable objects. This is Slats mess.
My vote is yes. Stripping Drury of the C won't make Rozsival and Redden magically play better. But let's think about this for a second. Last season, Drury was given the full leadership role of the team. Surprise, surprise, the team tuned out Renney, a successful coach of 3? seasons. So a new coach comes in, keeps Drury as captain. Team tunes out coach #2. Drury still captain.

Sorry, but the common denominator here is the Captain and overall player leadership (or lack thereof) on this team. Drury is a terrible captain. I don't care HOW he supposedly leads, whether it be by example, speak softly and carry a big stick, or what he does. The fact of the matter is that he's been Captain during both of the tune-outs. Whatever his method of leadership is, it's not working.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote